The Very Beginning!

Hello!
If you have found your way to this blog I assume that you have an interest in my trip to Haiti, and I want to thank you for that! I am very excited for my upcoming adventure to Cap Haitian and hope that you are excited as well! However, if you have found your way to this blog through a friend let me tell you a little bit about what is going on!
My name is Cassidy, and I am just about to graduate college with two Bachelors Degrees one in Psychology and one in Criminal Justice. I have always loved working with children and going on Missions Trips so after college taking the leap for a longer trip made perfect sense. I have been to Haiti twice before for about a week at a time. I have just been accepted for an 8 week internship in Haiti with Kids Alive® International. I will be leaving the very beginning of July and returning home to begin Graduate School, for Clinical Social Work, the very last week of August. 
Kids Alive is an amazing organization and I feel very blessed to be apart of what they are doing! They are creating homes and families for displaced children in healthy, stable christian households. They provide food, shelter, clothing, schooling, church service and many services to these children. Having been to Haiti and the Dominican Republic first hand and having seen what they have been doing for these kids has been amazing. 
I hope that this work and my journey are interesting to you, and you will become apart of this journey with me. Whether it be through prayer, financial support, or even encouraging letters or posts while in Haiti I appreciate it all! 
Please continue to check this blog for updates on what has been going on with my preparations, as well as when I am in Haiti for updates on how our work is going! I am excited to get started!

Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples. (Psalm 96:3)


-Cassidy 

Comments

Popular Posts