Do Something.

This morning I was listening to music while getting ready for the day and a song came on that I felt connected to. Do Something by Matthew West. For anyone who is not familiar with this song the chorus is

                                 "If not us, then who
                                  If not me and you                                 
                                  Right now, it’s time for us to do something                                
                                  If not now, then when        Will we see an end                          
                                 To all this pain       It’s not enough to do nothing                                
                                 It’s time for us to do something" 

The line that really got to me was: 

                                 "So, I shook my fist at Heaven                                
                                 Said, “God, why don’t You do something?”                                                 
                     He said, “I did, I created you”  

I smiled felt totally empowered and realized Haiti is my something. I am so excited to get there and make an impact and do something helpful, meaningful and necessary! I am so glad that I have found something that I am passionate about that allows me to make a difference and change things for the better. 

Then I also realized that not only will I help these kids and the community through my trip but they will also be doing something for me! I cannot help but smile and get so excited when I think of playing, dancing, learning and laughing with these kids. 

I am inviting you on this trip with me, so that you too will be doing something! Whether you decide it is best for you to be a prayer partner, donate financially to this adventure, or to just follow along with this blog to see what has been going on, I am excited that we can embark on our mission to do something together!

So I ask you with an open heart that you please pray! And tell your friends and family to pray! I have attached the link to my page on the Kids Alive website below if you would like to send this link to your friends, family, co-workers, whoever! You can give them my blog address too! 



Blessings,

Cassidy



Kids Alive International - Cassidy Parent

Comments

Popular Posts