Fairy Tale

God has brought me many places in the past few months. I have been in many states, met with many different people and have had the privilege of sharing about Haiti.  It is fun to see who God provides to us and when. God gave me a unique opportunity of meeting with the GEMS group from my church. These are girls from 1st to 5th grade. They were so sweet. They took time to listen about Haiti, ask questions, and even pray for me. This opportunity was one of the most impactful. If you have ever been in a room full of small children, you know how big of a deal it is for them all to sit still and listen calmly.  I was so impressed by their gracious, patient behavior. It truly was a time that God used to show me that this story has value. This story of how He brought me to those kids is not a common story, it's not an ordinary story, it's a fairy tale that only God could have written. 
It's a story of a young confused girl who found the Lord and her purpose in a far away land. It's a story of the girl not necessarily making all the right choices, being confused and struggling. It's a story of resilience, prayer and unconditional love from the Father of the world. This is not your average story, because it's an amazing history and future that God created and wants me to share with everyone. This is not the story of me and my plan. It's a slow reveal of God using me to tell His story. I am so blessed that He has chosen me to be a character in this fairy tale. That little old me gets to be those hands and feet doing His work with the kids that He loves one trillion times more than I have the capacity to even fathom. 
There are things that we don't often thank God for enough. Maybe our jobs, our homes, our resources. I haven't been thanking God enough for our story, my purpose in His much larger plan. I am beyond thankful that He gives us purpose and meaning to help further His kingdom.. Now that is a blessing that we should be saying thank you for with every breath we take. 

Comments

Popular Posts