take time

Life is crazy. It is fast, non-stop and often times chaotic. Sometimes its not that we are going through the motions intentionally but more that we are being dragged through the motions.

I will be honest, I did not want to come back to America. I felt that God was dragging me here kicking and screaming. I wanted to stay in Haiti, and everyday I wish I was back in Haiti. I miss my kids and I miss my life. I feel like I am in a weird limbo place of nothing. I don't have much going on while I am home and I feel out of place.

 But God is teaching me something. He is teaching me to take time and rest in Him. He is teaching me to take a minute and just relax in His grace. I have plenty of downtime in Haiti but there is something different here. My family is around me, and people really aren't expecting much from me. I am truly on vacation here (which is weird).  I feel like God forced me here to America to just chill out for a second.

I am a thinker, to a fault. I never stop thinking, and overthinking. God has put me here without a worry in the world, and nothing to really think about except Him. I have had time to worship and rest in ways like never before. (And it has only been a week...) So this may not be the place that I want to be, but I am where God wants me to be. I am learning to embrace the silence, embrace the time, and embrace the rest.

I challenge you to find time to rest in Him this holiday season. We let ourselves get all spooled up in the holiday season that we never actually take a minute and spend time with the very One who this holiday is for. Take time and rest in His warm embrace, it will do wonders for you, I promise.
Relax. You're loved. You're in good hands. Take time and rest in Him.

Comments

Popular Posts