43 Days!

Dear Family and Friends,

            My trip to Haiti is coming up very soon! I will be leaving in 43 days to start this journey that I have been planning for months! God’s plan has fallen into place perfectly so far! Everything is on track and I am beginning to prepare more of the details of my preparations. There is a lot to thank God for so far that I would like to share with you!
First my language acquisition has been going well! I found a website program that also uses a textbook that has really helped to expand my understanding and speech! There is still a lot to be learned and I am sure it will take a lot of work while I am in Haiti but I am feeling more confident than ever in my Haitian Creole. Secondly, I have had so many generous financial donations to my trip! I would like to thank everyone who has supported this trip! God has provided faster than I could have ever imagined. I am very grateful for the funds that have been raised so far.
            Finally, God has been fostering relationships for our team. I am very excited to finally meet my missionary team in person, however we have been able to connect and support each other through the Internet. There has been such a feeling of comfort and connection to be able to communicate with the missionaries currently in Haiti as well as the missionary who will be rooming with me on this trip. We have worked through vaccine questions, packing troubles and the anxiety of the trip together. It has been a true blessing to have the ability to get to know these people before hand.
            There are a few prayer requests that I have, and I hope you will help me in praying for these concerns. First I pray that I reach my financial goal by June 15th. I need $450 more to be at my full budget and be able to go on this trip. I pray that this goal is reached. I also pray for my language acquisition both before and while I am in Haiti. This is such an important thing for me to be able to better communicate with these kids so that I can be more effective in my job. Finally I pray for comfort and ease as I begin this trip. As things near closer I am getting more anxious and excited. I pray that everything will work out okay, and to not get caught up in the details.
            I encourage you to visit my blog to see updates and pictures while I am in Haiti: www.aloveforhaiti.blogspot.com  Also, if there is anyone who you think may be interested in making a financial donation to my trip the link is on my blog, or can be accessed here: https://secure.kidsalive.org/p-2802-cassidy-parent.aspx?Source=M143JO0000

            Arise, for it is your task; and we are with you. Be strong and do it. Ezra 10:4

Blessings,
Cassidy R Parent





Comments

Popular Posts