It all falls into place. The puzzle.

When reflecting on how soon my trip to Haiti is I started realizing just how perfectly everything is falling into place. I love taking time to look back and see how God is slowly unfolding this journey before my eyes and how amazingly it is coming together.
The entire fact that the internship exists was a call from God that I did not think I would receive. I had began to apply for a full year in Haiti and had decided that it was not right for me at the time and basically backed off from the subject. I was not excited about this idea but I had settled with the idea of going for my usual week during the summer, knowing that I wanted more. Randomly the woman who I had been working with from Kids Alive emailed me and told me that there was a potential for the opportunity of an internship that could last between 6 and 10 weeks. Puzzle piece number 1.

Knowing that I felt in my heart God did not need me to necessarily leave my family for a whole year to go to Haiti was confirmed when an internship that did not exist suddenly became my answer.
Now as the reality of this trip is coming closer I am seeing a little puzzle piece from God with every turn.

I have been trying diligently to learn Haitian Creole so that when I am in Haiti I will be able to communicate freely. I have picked up some Creole on past trips, but never enough to really have a full conversation. I have been praying and struggling as I work through trying to learn Creole online, in books, and with audiotapes. This is where puzzle piece number 2 was inserted: There have been people placed into my life who know Haitian Creole. Looking at the statistics of this, there are a very small number of people who speak Creole in the world, let alone New England, and I personally happen to have met over 5. The best part of this puzzle piece is that they are excited and willing to help me! This has truly been an amazing blessing!

The third puzzle piece is slowly beginning to fit into place- funding. This was something that I was so concerned about regarding this trip; that I would not be able to gather the funds I needed in time to go. So far I am half way there! In only a month I have received half of my donations that I need! Many people in my life have been more generous than I have ever could have imagined.

This puzzle is forming quickly and I am getting so excited. The answered prayers are piling up and it is starting to become extremely obvious that this was the exact path that I was meant to take, and I am glad that you were all called to be apart of this puzzle too! Let us continue to watch the pieces fall into place.
                       
                                                                                                        - Cassidy 

Comments

Popular Posts