Its the final countdown!

Hello everyone,
I figured I should write a blog post before I leave so that when I get to Haiti, if I don't have internet for a few days everyone will still know what is going on! I leave for Haiti in a week! My flight is early Monday morning (July 7). I will be flying to Miami then meeting up with my roommate Alli. We will then fly together to the Dominican. The next day we will be taking a bus into Haiti.
When I am in Haiti I will be getting internet eventually, so my first blog post while in Haiti should be a few days into my first week! (Don't forget to check back!)

There are some things to pray for:
1. Safe travels! There is a lot of flying, driving, and bus riding for me and Alli, that as many prayers as possible for safe travels would be great!
2. Language acquisition! Creole is hard- luckily I have had quite a bit of help along the way, but I still have so so much to work on before I would be confident that I could really say anything I wanted to, or would be able to understand most things.

There is a Haitian Proverb that I have heard many times that has resonated with me as I prepare for this experience:  Piti, Piti wazo fe nich li.  It translates directly to "little by little the bird builds its nest"  As all of the bits and details of this trip coming together that phrase keeps going through my head, as I smile knowing God is truly in the details.

-Cassidy

Comments

Popular Posts