Use Me.

If there is one thing that I have experienced so far in Haiti: its to just do what you feel God wants, and just see what He will use it for. There have been so many cool moments in the past fews weeks that I have just been in awe of how God uses things, or puts things together. 

I was driving with our construction director. He is a Haitian who is fluent in English, and an amazing business man.  I was asking him some questions about his other business ventures to learn more and was amazed at how much he really had going on. Somehow through talking it became apparent that almost none of his income was really coming from Kids Alive, but that is where a huge chunk of his time is spent. We talked about his past with Kids Alive and how much he loves the organization and what they are doing for kids and families in Haiti. He has been here from the beginning stages and has seen the impact that has truly been had in this community because of Kids Alive. 
But then he said to me, When I see people like you leave your comforts and leave your family and country to come here to help us- that says to me of course I should be helping my fellow Haitians. Of course I should be doing everything I can even if I am taking the financial deficit, because if people are willing to leave America and come here, we should at least be willing to leave some comforts to help ourselves. 
I had never thought God would use being a missionary to have an impact on locals like this. It just never really entered my mind. To see God using my presence here to challenge Haitians, and to show that people are willing to leave "everything" to come to a place where running water, electricity and other necessities are not the norm- only because God asked us to love and He specifically asked me to love Haitians, is impactful. 

God truly does things in amazing ways, at amazing times in ways we never could have imagined. I have been really enjoying spending time looking for these things every day. Asking myself how did God use that for a bigger meaning, for a way that I never could have imagined. 
Once I really start seeing that God truly has huge plans, it makes it all that much easier to blindly follow Him, because I am completely certain that I do not understand what He has planned but if I just follow Him I will be blessed by seeing how He used me. 

Comments

Popular Posts