Thankful series- Thank you

I didn't want to end this series on thanksgiving because thanksgiving is not why I felt compelled to write it. Often times we feel thankful or blessed around thanksgiving or Christmas, but then what do we do with the other days of the year?
I wanted to extend the season of insight and thoughtfulness of not only thanksgiving, but giving thanks. Giving thanks to others, giving thanks to ourselves,  as well as giving thanks to the Lord for all He is and does and provides.
I am thankful for many things but the most important are not at all things, but people or experiences.

I am thankful that the Lord brought me to Haiti, even though I kicked and screamed along the way.
I am thankful that Haiti has become a home and for my life here.
I am thankful for the ways that God uses me here.
I am thankful for the people He has put in my path here.
I am thankful for the people back home who have encouraged me, motivated me and loved me.
I am thankful for internet, phones, facetime to be able to communicate with my family and friends.
I am thankful for my parents' love and support.
I am thankful for everything that goes wrong here making me stronger.
I am thankful for everything that goes right here for making me feel like the world isn't falling out from under me.
I am so thankful for all of my supporter, donors, prayer partners, staff in the Kids Alive office for everything that they do.

That is a general list, a "big picture" list.  Everyday, find what God gave you, find what made up that day and what you were thankful for in it. Every single day there is something to be thankful for, I promise you that.

Thank you for reading this series, I hope it changed something about how you think, opened you up to new ideas or just made you thankful for something in your life. Love and Blessings - Cassidy

Comments

Popular Posts