Blessings flowing through turmoil

There is such a sense of community and fellowship here at CIT. I have been having a hard time here recently and I see how God lined up so many people to be here to help me through these times. There is a huge grief process to going out on the missions field. I will no longer be the person that I have been my whole life, I will lose a bit of my identity as an American. I will also gain a bit of identity as an ex-pat and as someone who is living in Haiti. But I will never actually assimilate enough to be truly part of Haitian culture. This is such a rough and complex process to go through. I have been dealing with a lot of grief and feelings of loss and isolation.
The staff and my friends here at CIT have made all of the difference. I have an amazing friend, Sten, who has been here with me since day one-two and a half weeks ago. She is completely a gift given to me by God. We are very likeminded and can spend time together without tiring each other out. She has become an instant friend who I trust and love. (For those of you who know me well understand this is not something that I take lightly). Having her here has made everything possible to handle. I am just so blessed and happy to have made this friend.
I have also been blessed with amazing facilitators here at CIT. They have taken a strong interest in my well being and my processing of information. I feel that I have at least three teachers here that I would be comfortable going to with any issues that I may encounter. This is something that has also been such a 'God thing" and blessing to my time here. I just feel very understood, comfortable and content even while in a time of turmoil.
It is always interesting to me to look at what God is providing me and suppling in times of turmoil and transition. I think that God truly does give us exactly what we can handle, but still pushes us to grow and be "better". I feel like I am clay being molded into the person that I need to be on the mission field. I have seen such growth in myself in only two and a half weeks. I cannot wait to see what is next on God's agenda for me. I am along for one amazing ride!

Comments

Popular Posts