a sneak peek into heaven

I am beginning my second week of my six week long training at CIT tomorrow morning. I am excited and interested in what is to come. I have been able to have some really amazing experiences here so far.
This morning we went to an African church here in North Carolina. It was an amazing church experience. They were so gracious and welcoming. The way that they worshipped was beautiful and inspirational. I have never been exposed to something quite so expressive. They just truly had the spirit following through them, and did not have any inhibitions as to their behavior- in a beautiful way. There was this woman reverend who was behind the pastor the whole time cheering him on and just worshipping the Lord right at her own pace. She was not at all worried about yelling too loud, if she was standing or sitting, or if she was singing properly- her only focus was worshipping Jesus, and it was beautiful.
The pastor was funny, intriguing and captivating. It was so interesting for me to see how other pastors  preach in other cultures while still understanding the language. My other experiences with churches of another culture almost always include having to translate in my mind the whole service, or not really understanding what the message is. It was beautiful to feel like I got to tap into another culture without the language barriers, it was a little sneak peek for me to our days in heaven when we will have the beauty of our culture but not be limited by languages as we are now.

Comments

Popular Posts