A big family

I always wanted a big family. I see kids with 5 or more siblings and wish sometimes that I had that. There is something special about growing up in that big community atmosphere and feeling as though you are not alone in something that I love about big families. My family is great and I am thankful for my brothers, but I often wonder what it would be like to have a giant family.
That's what I love so much about kids alive. All of these kids treat each other as brother and sister and seriously feel that they are. It's impossible to believe that these kids were not always together and that they are not of the same family naturally. As I spend more time with them and progress in my Creole I am starting to feel as though I have a place here. It's been great for them to joke with me, make fun of me and talk with me as though we have known each other forever. There is so much to love about every single child here. I am enjoying discovering their interests, likes, and personalities. It is an interesting environment when you can't simply ask questions to figure out who someone is, you need to actually take so much time to figure them out. After three weeks here I feel that I am beginning to make a dent in understanding who they really are, and I am quickly falling in love with every single personality here.
The hand craft we did with our crafting class.

A photo that one of the older boys showed me of his band here on the site "The real boys" Possibly the funniest and cutest picture ever. These are some of the greatest high school boys I have ever met. 

A little girl that brightens up my day. She is such a little love, she loves to snuggle and fall asleep absolutely anywhere! 

-Cassidy 

Comments

Popular Posts