Day 1

There is a unique feeling when you finally arrive at a date that you had been thinking about for months. That date that you have been praying over, and over thinking with every spare minute of your day. For me, today is that day. I am in Miami, step one out of three on this journey to Haiti. I am waiting for Alli to land, then we will take off together for the Dominican Republic. Then tomorrow, a long bus ride into Haiti. Even sitting in the airport it still does not feel real. It is so exciting to see everything that we have been preparing and discussing finally come to fruition.

There have been many blessings so far on this trip! My luggage was exactly 50.0 pounds, after weeks of packing it was great that there did not need to be last minute adjustments. I don't particularly like flying alone, I get really antsy. Luckily I was blessed with two extremely interesting and chatty (in a good way) seat partners. I met this wonderful woman named Vera, who grew up in Manhattan in the  40's. She had so many stories! She told of times when planes could only hold so much gas that they could only fly thirty minute flights. She was so precious, and such an uplifting spirit.

It was great to have some time to chat, nap, and practice a bit of Creole. So far there has been nothing but blessings! I am excited to meet Alli and get into the Dominican to meet Erin and get a good nights sleep! Another long day of travel tomorrow! But for now I'll just be taking advantage of wifi, air conditioner and some snacks and sodas I will be missing starting tomorrow.

- Cassidy

Comments

  1. Yay! So excited for you!!
    Give Fabiola the biggest hug for me! And tell all the teens in your amazing Creole how much I freaking miss them. -Letitia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts