Let Go and Let God.

I mess up very often. Multiple times a day, even multiple times an hour, kind of often.
I often think after I speak.
I often times over analyze situations to the point of tapping back in and digging myself deeper.
I often ask God to help me and then forget to wait to listen for his help.

I often forget that God knew I was going to do all of this.
I often forget that God made me this way and knows my faults.
I often forget that God can help me- but I need to let him.

I write a lot on this blog about letting go and letting God handle things. This is a real struggle for me, because my brain is very much uninterested in the idea of letting things go. It seems like a "lovely theory" however nearly impossible in practice.

I have started (finally!) looking to the word in comfort during these situations. A few verses in Isaiah jumped out at me. I usually read Isaiah when I have that feeling like I need a life raft and I just lost control of whatever is going on around me. But today a new verse that I had never really connected with jumped out to me (don't you just love that?!).
God shared this with me today, and now I share with you:


“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
    so are my ways higher than your ways
    and my thoughts than your thoughts.
As the rain and the snow
    come down from heaven,
and do not return to it
    without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish,
    so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, 
Isaiah 55: 8-10

So no matter how much we "mess up" or think after we speak or over think situations God is still there. Our struggles of everyday life are no bigger or smaller to God- our worries are all seen as legitimate before God. Nothing is too small to bring to the feet of the Lord, and I know that he will handle things for me, or take my hand and lead me towards a solution because his ways and thoughts are higher and more knowing and powerful than anything I or you could ever even fathom. 


Comments

Popular Posts