Mwen lapriyè Bondye ki nan syèl la nan kè m'

God has been working in my life so much recently through Nehemiah. I have read through Nehemiah multiple times since being accepted as a missionary. I feel that he shows us how important prayer is to fundraising and to our ministry. Nehemiah shows us that we should completely blanket our missions in prayer.
I often like to read verses that I love in the Haitian Creole bible, at first I started doing this thinking it would help improve my creole (which it totally does!) But there is another level to looking at scripture in a different language. The underlined part of the verse in the photo translates back to English directly as: I pray to God in the heavens out of my heart. There is something that Creole adds to the idea of Nehemiah stopping mid-ask to the King and praying to God. In Creole we truly see that Nehemiah is coming and pouring our heart out to God when praying. There is a depth that the Creole provides here that just is slightly glossed over in the English translation. We should always  pray nan kè nou! (from our hearts) 
I am trying to blanket all of my mission in prayer and prayer from others. There is such a strength and  support in having a team of people who are praying for a missionary. There is such strength in numbers and in prayer that I really want to make sure I have a strong group of prayer partners. 

Please feel free to email me cassidyparent@gmail.com if you would like to be an official prayer partner! It will be such a blessing to have a contact list of prayer partners when I am out on the field that I can contact with prayer requests. I too would love to pray for you at anytime if you would like! Always feel free to shoot me an email with prayer requests. We are all partners together in this mission for the Kingdom and it extends in every direction, not just to me as the missionary. 
I look forward to hearing from you and am so excited to build a group of people who will actively pray for Kids Alive and Haiti! Blessings!

Comments

Popular Posts