A realization.

I have been spending all day hanging out with the best kids that I could ask for. They spend all day listening to music with me, working on my Creole, playing cards, swinging on the jungle gym, chatting and joking around. All of these activities have been regular for me that it has become somewhat of a routine for me. I was chatting today with Donalson, who I luckily am able to have deeper conversations with because of his ability to speak a little English and his patience with my Creole. I also like in Haitian culture the ability for silence without it being awkward, we were sitting in silence for quite some time and he turns to me and says, "I really like spending time with people who work for God". This was such a simple sentence, but it was so loaded. I had never even thought of myself as someone who was actually a missionary before. I had never even thought of missions in that way before, but it was how he described it that summed everything I have been feeling up into one sentence. When I am here in Haiti and doing what I feel I am meant to do, I am "working for God". I am making a difference and helping these kids and families. This sentence was so small but has changed my perspective on missions forever. I love the small unintentional changes that these kids make in your life without even knowing what they are doing.

 Fabiola and Wantsuze laying on the playscape. 

This is just too cute to not post.. 

The front of the Kids Alive site

Some of our kids watching the world cup, this is a view of the site, one of the houses where our kids live. 



Comments

Popular Posts