The Dominican

It is weird to think we are on the same island as the Dominican Republic, when it is such a different atmosphere. There are actually paved roads in the DR, they have real restaurants and a variety of different food choices. We had Chinese food for dinner! That was definitely a treat since it has been over two months since i had anything but Haitian food. They also have candy bars here! Why a couple of those couldn't make it over the border to Haiti is a question that I will probably never know the answer to. 
I have enjoyed my time here in the Dominican, in large part due to my host family. Kids Alive is such an amazing organization that employs some of the most amazing people. I am staying with my boss in Haiti’s boss. He oversees the Caribbean Kids Alive sites. They have a little guest house behind their house that I stayed in, which is beautiful! (I posted some pictures) and has gorgeous views. It makes me so happy and honored to be working with an organization that genuinely helps each other out in any way possible. This family does not think twice about taking me into their home and treating me as their own. They are such an amazing missionary family! 
The guest house, with a little kitchen and loft area. 

My view this morning. 


A better snap shot of that gorgeous view! 

- Cassidy 

Comments

Popular Posts