Home.

I only have two days left in Haiti. That is so insane to me since this place has become my home. I find myself writing down all the recipes I want to remember and taking more pictures than ever as the time gets closer. I know I will be back, but it is always the way that just as you get comfortable somewhere something changes. I have become so comfortable here, my language skills are finally working! I was able to translate a bunch of letters from kids to their sponsors this week which made me so happy! I loved reading their letters, and even more I loved that I could understand what they were saying, and therefor help other Americans understand and grow closer with these kids I love so much.  Today I spent the day at one of our other houses off site, playing with kids, coloring, doing sponsor crafts and watching movies. I love spending all day just getting to know the kids better and having a great day with them. Then I came back to the site to find that the fourth family had moved in! So exciting! We have seven families here at Kids Alive and right now, starting today, four live on the site. Two just moved across the street this week also! It is finally starting to come together to have all of our families closer together. It'll be so nice when all of our families live here and all the kids can play together all of the time. There is a lot coming up in the future for Kids Alive and I am excited that I am able to help them and to be apart of this with them. I pray these two days go by as slow as humanly possible and every minute feels like an hour as I prepare to leave Haiti, for now.

Comments

Popular Posts